Tuesday, November 06, 2007

China Infrastructure

apparently India spends 6% of GDP on Infrastructure and China spends 21%....the results are obvious....why would Indian politicians not spend more on infrastructure.....it provides jobs, has a high rate of return for the country by attracting more FDI. I guess I dont get it

When I was in Bangalore I read a newspaper article that a delegation from Delhi was coming to Bangalore to learn about garbage collection. However having just seen uncollected garbage on 100 feet road in Indira Nagar (suburb of Bang.) I was a bit puzzled as to why Delhi would want to learn this skill from a city that clearly did a crap job of collecting its garbage. I guess mediocrity is all relative.

Might have been a better idea for the Delhi delegation to go to Bangkok, Singapore or Shanghai to learn about garbage collection perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home